Accessing Athletics Information on
the Viz Portal
We are excited to roll out the new Athletics section of the Viz Portal. Students are now assigned to a sports team, allowing parents to sign up to receive a variety of notifications to ensure they are up-to-date on all information related to the season. You also can access the athletics calendar and team calendars on the Viz Portal.
Please view the instruction sheet which provides additional directions on how to log in and update your personal settings and notification preferences and how to view your athletics calendar.
Fall Season Starts on August 10
All athletes are required to have a physical before that date. You can find the MSHSAA physical form by clicking here. Here are the times and locations for the first practices of the fall sports season:
- Cross Country: 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. at Queeny Park (next to the Dog Museum)
- Field Hockey: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on the Viz Upper Field
- Volleyball: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in Marion Gym
- Golf: 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. at Sunset Country Club
- JV Tennis: 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. on Viz tennis courts
- Varsity Tennis: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Viz tennis courts
Please contact Paul Stoecklin with any questions.
Mandatory Freshman Parent Meeting
Tuesday, August 18th at 7:00 p.m.
Parents of incoming freshmen who are student-athletes must attend one of the two meetings. Paul Stoecklin, Athletic Director, will discuss what to expect for your daughter’s high school sports experience.
Summer Upper School Athletics Update
All summer practices are taking place as scheduled! Please find the links to the “open gym” schedules listed below, now including cheerleading and an updated schedule for volleyball. Mr. Stoecklin will be available at each team session to go over the new health and safety procedures. In the meantime, please make note of these requirements:
- Each athlete is required to have submitted her liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian before she may begin practicing. She may not participate in practices without completing this form. Please include on the form each practice your daughter will be participating in, and have a form ready for each sport she will be participating in as well.
- Please have your daughter bring her own water bottle, clearly marked, to each practice. Water fountains on campus will not be available to use.
- Please have your daughter show up to practice ready in the clothing she plans on practicing in, so we can eliminate the need to change clothes in the campus restrooms.
- All athletes should maintain social distancing guidelines while practicing.
- Parents may drop off and pick up students, but are not permitted to stay and watch practices or enter the building.
The following are the available summer “open gym” schedules:
- Cheerleading (new)
- Volleyball (updated)
- Tennis (for those interested in trying out for varsity)
- Field Hockey
Congratulations to all of our future collegiate athletes! Four students had their college signing today: Abby Woolverton for volleyball at Centre College, Hailee Fritsche for soccer at Washington University in St. Louis, Jordan Tierney for field hockey at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Gabby Sprich for volleyball at Spring Hill College. Visitation had six total college signings this year, including the fall signings for Emily O’Connell with Miami University swimming and Becca Zaber with Arkansas State volleyball. Good luck to all of these athletes next year, we can’t wait to see you compete! #VivettePride
Three of our field hockey players were selected by St. Louis Post-Dispatch for the distinction of All-Metro! Congratulations to senior Jordan Tierney for being named 1st team, freshman Tess Reed for being named 2nd team, and senior Cameron Murphy for being named 3rd team! Way to go girls!