One-to-One Technology Program for Grades 6 through 8
6th grade students take a formal Technology Foundations course designed to introduce computer applications in an integrated approach while applying their skills to the Middle School curriculum.
7th grade students participate in a course designed to enhance the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills and activities used in their core classes.
8th grade students’ knowledge and use of technology resources is reinforced in all classes.
Focus: A fully integrated technology program allowing students to attain curricular goals with technology enhanced instruction. Digital literacy is attained through knowledge, concepts and skills that are interwoven into curriculum related lessons.
Students are competent and confident in using technology to:
- research for meaningful connections while collecting data from a range of resources;
- create and use visual thinking tools;
- safely navigate the Internet using proper etiquette;
- efficiently accomplish tasks involving word processing and spreadsheets;
- collaborate globally;
- use web publishing tools;
- create audience specific oral presentations using a variety of media tools, and accept the rights and responsibilities of using a network.
Read more about our Middle School Robotics Program.