The Sisters of the Visitation knew even 180+ years ago what today’s researchers are finding about the value of single-sex education. These visionary women knew that educating young women in a separate, academically rigorous setting would empower them with higher potential and greater confidence. Time has proven them correct, as Visitation students have a deep passion for learning and are among the region’s highest-achieving students.
See what our graduates have accomplished over the years.
Today, we continue their legacy by offering the region’s only all-girls education in Grades 1-5, a dynamic all-girls Middle School for Grades 6-8, and a rigorous, all-girls, college-preparatory Upper School for Grades 9-12. Visitation Academy is a place where young women may truly be themselves, free to express their feelings and pursue their interests.
Our all-girls environment translates to incredible success in college and beyond. Our alumnae cite the following benefits from their single-sex education:
- Greater preparation for the transition from high school to college
- Increased self-confidence in and out of the classroom
- Preparation for the “real world”
- Achievement in male-dominated STEM fields, such as science, technology, engineering, and math
- Increased likelihood to volunteer in community organizations after graduation
Learn more about applying to Visitation Academy.