is an independent Catholic school offering a coeducational Montessori program in Grades Toddler through Kindergarten and an all-girl environment in Grades 1 through 12. Visitation Academy is the ministry of the Sisters of the Visitation, whose way of life expresses the spirituality of the founders of their Order, St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane de Chantal. These saints encouraged all to “Live Jesus” with kindness, gentleness, humility, and thoughtful concern for others.
Middle School Social Studies: Visitation is currently seeking a Middle School Social Studies teacher beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. Candidates must be able to support the Catholic mission of the school, hold a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred), and have previous middle school teaching experience.
Long-Term Substitute Middle School Spanish Teacher: Visitation is currently seeking a long-term substitute Middle School Spanish teacher for the first semester of the 2022-2023 school year (August – December). Candidates must be able to support the Catholic mission of the school, hold a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred), and have previous teaching experience.
Part-Time Middle/Upper School French Teacher: Visitation is seeking a part-time Middle/Upper School French teacher beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. Candidates must be able to support the Catholic mission of the school, hold a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred), and have previous middle and upper school teaching experience. Applicants should have the flexibility to teach a range of grade levels in the Middle and Upper School French curriculum.
Part-Time Middle/Upper School Spanish Teacher:
Visitation is currently seeking a part-time Middle/Upper School Spanish teacher beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. Candidates must be able to support the Catholic mission of the school, hold a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred), and have previous middle and upper school teaching experience. Applicants should have the flexibility to teach a range of grade levels in the Middle and Upper School Spanish curriculum.
Part-Time Mission Integration Coordinator:
Visitation is currently seeking a part-time Coordinator of Mission Integration. Candidates must be a practicing Catholic, hold a master’s degree in theology, or divinity, pastoral studies, and have previous experience in teaching or ministry. The ideal candidate will be a spirit-filled, mission-driven, dynamic individual with a solid understanding of theology. The Coordinator of Mission Integration serves as a member of the Department of Mission Integration. They are responsible for implementing the strategy of Mission Integration through programs and operations; managing expenses of the Department in accordance with the budget; facilitating formation; and coordinating administrative needs of the Department.
- Implements strategy of mission integration through programs and operations.
- Collaborate on development and implementation of all faith formation plans and programs for faculty, staff, administration, parents, past-parents, and alumnae, in line with the formation framework.
- Responsible for the content of monthly “Carrying the Charism” newsletter for formation of all constituencies. Collaborates with Communications team to ensure Catholic identity and Salesian Visitation charism is reflected in communications, including work on content for special anniversaries, days, and events.
- Supports faculty in the integration of charism and spirituality in curriculum across the Academy.
- Responsible for Chapel space. Creates a welcoming and inclusive worship environment through the maintenance of the Chapel. Serves as sacristan, maintaining supplies in the Chapel, and coordinating liturgical presiders. Responsible for overall maintenance of the Chapel, including coordinating repairs and cleaning with Facilities.
- Facilitates the planning of Masses and liturgies such as All School Masses and liturgies, Community Masses, and Mother-Daughter Masses and Retreats.
- With Campus Ministry, coordinates monthly Adoration and participates in planning for divisional Masses, liturgies, and prayer services.
- Coordinates logistics for pilgrimages to Visitation sites in St. Louis, Illinois, and France.
- Serves as representative to the National VSN. Attends fall and spring meetings. Participates in VSN evaluation process.
- Responsible for coordination of local participation and engagement in Salesian Leadership Camp (SLC) and VISTORY with the VSN.
- Coordinates the work of the Local Visitation Salesian Network (VSN), the Visitation Heart and Mind Ministry (VHM), and the VHM Advisory Committee.
- Manages expenses of the Department in accordance with the budget.
- Tracks spending of the Department and provides regular updates to the Director on budget spending.
- Coordinates with Business Office for payment of invoices, check requests, etc.
- Collaborates in facilitating formation for the Visitation community.
- Develops educational and formational resources in Salesian Spirituality that can be used in the school and broader Visitation community.
- Under the supervision of the Director, facilitates formation for adult constituencies of the Visitation community.
- Provides administrative and practical support for the activities of the Mission Integration Department and carries out other duties as assigned.
Competencies: Excellent oral communication skills, including ease in public speaking, and written communication skills, with a clear, concise writing style. Facilitation of theological reflection among adults. Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Attention to detail and organizational skills. Experience in project management and event planning. In-depth knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy and ritual. Thorough understanding of current liturgical, sacramental, and pastoral theology, and sacristy coordination. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Google Suite, and Adobe. Ability to work independently on projects. Proven proficiency in effectively managing complex tasks and prioritizing. Ability to maintain highest standards of professional ethics and confidentiality. Position requires some nights and weekends.
Full-Time Registered Nurse
Visitation is seeking a full-time registered nurse. Duties include properly caring for sick or injured students, ensuring student health records are complete and in compliance with state and local standards, organizing health-related events and activities, and acting as a resource for students, parents, teachers, and administration. Candidates must be able to support the Catholic mission of the school, hold a license to practice nursing in the state of Missouri, have experience in a school setting, and have strong written and communication skills. This position reports to the Head of School.