Built by Love and Faith
The story of Visitation Academy in St. Louis began in 1833 when Bishop Joseph Rosati invited the Sisters of the Visitation to open a school for young women in the St. Louis Diocese. The school has changed locations a few times throughout the years, but one thing has remained constant – the Sisters faithful commitment to their mission to receive and share Jesus, just as Mary did in her visitation to Elizabeth.
The Sisters have lovingly and selflessly dedicated themselves to the educational and spiritual formation of thousands of children and young women through the years. To this day, the Sisters continue to be a welcome and nurturing presence on the Viz campus, participating in prayer, daily activities, and exchanging words of affirmation and motivation with students.